This post discusses latest developments and enhancements in ANSYS HFSS R19 applications. Maximize your RoI and productivity with the latest ANSYS release.
With the advent of one more new year, ANSYS has released a new Electromagnetics Suite with a new, dynamic and user-friendly interface. Evidently, the new release also comes with more computation power and new license packaging which will deliver an incredible amount of value to the current and future customers. In addition, ANSYS follows the tradition of taming complexities and spurring the productivity with every new version. Consequently, there are several new features announced in ANSYS HFSS R19 for you to consider!
In this article, I will discuss some of these developments however, I recommend you to join the upcoming webinar that I will deliver on April 10.
ANSYS 19 tames complexity by supporting and empowering engineers with tools that amplify your engineering effectiveness, performance, speed and ease of use.
ANSYS HFSS R19 delivers an all-new Radar Cross Section (RCS) calculations, by integrating Savant (HFSS SBR+) capabilities into ANSYS Electronics Desktop for tighter integration for large-scale problems. More so, this capability is based on ANSYS’ industry-leading shooting-and-bouncing ray plus (SBR+) method to predict far-field radar signatures for 3-D target models. The powerful and accurate asymptotic methods of HFSS SBR+ allow our users to solve computationally large simulations very quickly and is a great asset for engineers designing military and aerospace applications, such as advanced target recognition systems and stealth technology
With every new release, ANSYS promises deliver solutions that greatly enhance productivity and create a more seamless workflow at every stage. Therefore, ANSYS has constantly been empowering engineers to accomplish more in shorter timelines.
- R19 comes with a new interface. Specifically, the ribbon-based interface improved the overall flow from modeling to setup solving of the problem. As a result, users with little or no simulation experience can easily understand the simulation workflow, set up and solve high-frequency electromagnetic field simulations. Hence this would greatly increase the productivity and reduce the learning curve.
- To empower the users with more computational power, two significant changes have been made to out our High-Performance Computing (HPC) solution. Furthermore, some notable improvements in the solver speed with GPU acceleration. Therefore, these developments would reduce the computation time for faster time to market.
- Now all core solver technologies utilize four (4) cores without HPC License Checkout. HPC products add on top of these four cores. Hence, greater value for your money!
- Finally, ANSYS has unified the electronics high-performance computing (eHPC) with the other ANSYS HPC licenses. One ANSYS HPC license for across all physics!! Consequently, this development will increase the productivity of your HPC licenses.
Therefore,with all these enhancements, ANSYS HFSS R19 delivers the most comprehensive set of solvers and HPC technologies in a single package on the market. In conclusion, users can now perform more comprehensive design exploration through simulation using the accurate and reliable gold standard technology of HFSS.
ANSYS HFSS R19: Other Noteworthy Enhancements
- New Ribbon Interface for all Desktop Products helps streamline process
- Auto-complete of the variable name
- Optimetrics enhancements
- Local editing of 3D component
- Special selection and show/hide modes
- ANSYS EMIT: RF Link Budget Analysis
- Improved Phi Meshing Robustness
- Added the Capacitor Library Browser to 3D Layout
- Added TDR analyses for LNA and Imported solution
- Top & Bottom surface roughness supported for metal layers in 3D Layout
- Enable Field Links for Finite Array DDM
- HFSS Transient solver included with HFSS
- Enhanced GPU Acceleration of Direct Solver
- SBR+ for RCS with PTD & UTD
- Added Iron Python IDE command window for SIwave
- New “Special Selection” Modes
- “Simulation Setup” export/import added for all simulation types
Lastly, you should know that ANSYS, Inc. is currently working on many more additional improvements and is looking forward to introducing more features in upcoming updates.