This post discusses latest developments and enhancements in ANSYS Structures R19 applications. Maximize your RoI and productivity with the latest ANSYS release.
Today’s ever-changing and increasingly-competitive world makes life complicated for product developers such as you. Hence, you are perpetually in a race to launch better products and increase profitability.
In order to help you realize your product promise, we are glad to introduce you to ANSYS Structures R19 with various improvements and additions. As a result of the new release, you’ll find exciting and innovative technologies which make the development of complex products effortless with help of improved solver capabilities, better usability, integration of complex physical phenomenon and solver scale-up using HPC.
Enhanced Utility and Scale-Up
This year ANSYS brings in some radical changes to help you capitalize on your current and future ANSYS investments. Starting off, the following will enhance the utility of ANSYS for many applications and help in speeding up run time.
- The inclusion of small sliding algorithms helps significantly reduce the time involved in contact detection by performing contact search only at the beginning of the analysis. So, this leads to faster solutions.
- Additions to the user interface such as Selection Clipboard helps you save selection information intermittently. Hence you can retrieve it whenever necessary to define BCs, Named Selection, etc.
- Material Plots help in visualizing material assignments to the components and also to have a holistic understanding of materials in the assembly.
- Improvements in meshing and contact algorithm is another development. Therefore, this will lead you to a faster problem definition in the interactive environment of ANSYS Mechanical.
- Compute with 4 cores as default across entire ANSYS Mechanical (Pro, Premium, Enterprise) product lineup. Hence more value for your investments!
- Achieve 3X scale-up using HPC with improved Structures R19 Solvers and utilize HPC Pack across entire ANSYS product portfolio. Therefore, your problems run faster and better!
Effortless Modelling of Complex Phenomena
Increased use of simulations across various industries requires engineers to simulate complex phenomenon. ANSYS Structures R19 helps make simulation of complex physical phenomena seem effortless.
- SMART: Separating, Morphing, Adaptive and Re-Meshing Technology (SMART) makes simulation of Fatigue Cracks easy and interactive. SMART fracture capabilities simulate crack growth without the need for crafted meshes.
- Coupled Physics: New 22X elements help in achieving a magnetic coupling of Structural and Thermal with Magnetic DOFs.
- Enhanced FSI coupling allow faster data transfer between CFD and Structural Solvers.
ANSYS Structures R19: Other Noteworthy Enhancements
- Additional data import from external models
- Element Birth and Death as Native Mechanical Feature
- Quick and Easy RST import
- Improved NLAD-based Simulation for physics involving Large Strains
- Beam to Beam Contacts
- Higher Scaling in DMP
In conclusion, this article serves as a good foundation to further understanding. There is much more to learn about ANSYS Structures R19. Join us on April 12 for the ANSYS Structures R19 Update Webinar to get the details! Register now.